Pic.No.1 An electronic hamster powered by USB. You know you want one
I'm back, and I have a USB hamster arriving within five working days with a full money back guarantee if I am not completely satisfied.
"So why do you feel like a hamster on a wheel?" I hear you cry.
Well it is quite simply that I have been busy, busy, busy, and I haven't even started my Christmas shopping. So without a by your leave, I am going to simply dash this post off, and just number the events as they occur.
1. It started last night when I had a friend over for dinner, and a very pleasurable evening it was indeed. I had cooked a spicey sausage and bean casserole in readiness, but apparently I used the wrong sausages. I was subsequently advised to procure some flavoured ones from Waitrose rather than use bog standard pork sausages from Asda.Certainly sir, I do apologise (touching brim of cap).
2. Today was busy in an exciting way because I was going to see my first ever Nativity Play starring Izzy. I use the word 'starring' loosely - I don't think she would ever end up as a stage school kid, because she was cast as a sheep.
But you know what, I loved it. It was called the 'Oighty Toighty Angel', and it was the best entertainment I have had in ages (a credit to the school staff). The performances from the children were faultless and very cute. You can imagine my pride when Izzy crawled onto the stage on all fours, with a sheep's head on, spotted me and started waving frantically, seemingly unaware of the ongoing production around her. [unfortunately, I can't post any photographs of the performance. Not sure why, but the school said.]
3. After the nativity play, I had to drive Izzy to Kidlington to get some passport pictures taken. It sounds pretty mundane, but there is a bizarre reason why.
When I took Izzy to America this year, I was basically accused of kidnapping her by every border agent I encountered, because she has a different surname (but they still let me through though by asking her 'is this your mommy?' - how iffy is that?). So as a result, I have to change her legal name by deed poll and reapply for passports, birth certificates and the like. Just when she has learned to spell her current name. Darn.
Once Izzy's photographs were all sorted, I drove home (with Izzy repeatedly asking, 'why wasn't I allowed to smile in my picture? You always tell me to smile to the camera.' [try explaining that to a four year old]).
4. I had Izzy and another friend over for dinner tonight, and how lucky is this? ........... I had enough spicey sausage and bean casserole left over from last night to make another meal. Add hot, crusty bread and voila........ I am like a skinny Nigella Lawson.
Pic.No.2 Dinner at mine
5. Finally, the icing on the cake. The door knocker sounded, and when I answered it [with Naughty George woofing vacuously behind me whilst I formed a human barrier between him and the courier], I was handed these......
Pic.No.3 A Beautiful bouquet of flowers
Awww..... how lovely? And how much of a smile did they bring to my face? They were a 'thank you' present for dinner last night. Fabulous dahlink, I just lurrrvve being spoiled (which is probably a sin but I don't care).
On that note, I shall leave you to get on with whatever debauchery you fancy, just as long as you blog about it!