So Becks, Phil and Hazel and myself worked like troopers for the last two weeks (obviously I worked the hardest) to pull all the details together, ready for the relaunch. Some of the highlights include a brand new website which was designed by Becks and Phil. You can look at it here: Kinetic Logistics website or click on the picture below. I am not sure who that girl is answering the phone, but she looks darn efficient, which can only be a good thing.
Oh and to save me repeating everything else that has been done, I have pasted the launch email below which explains all ................
From: Anne Dickens [mailto: email@example.com]
Sent: 03 April 2009 17:01
To: 'Mailing List Wholesale and Logistics'
Subject: Kinetic Logistics - New Stuff
Just a quick one before the weekend. We have overhauled Kinetic Logistics so that it has a swanky new image, and even better, more cost effective prices for you.
I will give you a quick summary of the changes so that you don't have to spend Friday evening going through the website, and you can enjoy the sunshine instead - BBQ anyone?!
- The new website is fresh and spangly and you can see it by clicking on this link www.kineticlogistics.co.uk
- We then realised that we were shipping a lot more furniture than we did last year, and had a thought - maybe we can improve our delivery time? Ummmmmm.......... We did lots of complicated formulas and realised that we can now offer you a TWO WEEK delivery promise (instead of 30 days) on all UK mainland items (how supersonic is that?!). Please note that this only applies to 'In Stock' items.
- Because our network has expanded so much, we are now able to send our delivery vehicles furnther and more frequently, and this has enabled us to get rid of the surcharge for around 30 postcodes - cheaper delivery!
- But this one is my favourite, because I think it will save you oodles of cash. We have capped our delivery charge on all items after the first item going to the same address. Previously our charge was half price on all additional items, and now it is a flat rate of £10.87 (£12.50 incl. VAT)
- Thanks to the new systems we have installed, all of the furniture we collect for you from other wholesalers will now be labelled and barcoded by the driver when they are picked up. This means that you delivery will be scanned/tracked at every step until its ultimate destination is reached. How good is that?
P.S. You might be interested to know that Becks has named her two favourite vans Cedric and Melvyn. Sshhhhhhh! Don't say I told you!
Oh before I forget, the new prices are below. I am not sure if you will be able to read them because the picture below is a bit fuzzy, but you can see them by clicking this link or on the picture below.
With everyone busy with the Kinetic relaunch, Naughty George the dog was obviously feeling a bit left out and decided to 'help' Steve with some technical drawings he was doing. I managed to get this photograph of him:
Of course, Steve barely noticed he was there and carried on with his technical drawings.
So after all the excitement of today, here I am, back at home and sitting at the table in my kitchen watching the birds getting bird seed from the feeder in my garden. Imagine my surprise when I spotted a humming bird trying to eat sunflower seed! Then imagine my disappointment when I realised that it was just a Robin with fast wings. The slings and arrows of wildlife eh?
Have a good weekend!